New year, new you; back to school season is the perfect excuse to experiment with new looks! If you’re wanting to dip your toes into the world of makeup these are just a few of the must-have essentials I think everyone should have in their repertoire. This is the seventh in a nine part series that will show you some of the very best splurges and steal to include in your makeup bag for the fall.
Beautiful, Bold Eyeliner: Lining your eyes can add major drama and mystery, perfect for glam looks. Eyeliner also has tons of versatility, and can be used to smudge, smoke out, or tightline. Whether you want to rock a graphic cat eye or a simple, lined top lid, eyeliner is a go-to piece for everybody.
- Pencil Eyeliner (perfect for smudged, smokey looks)
- Splurge- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil ($20 at Macy’s)
- Steal- Neutrogena Nourishing Eye Liner ($7.59 at Target)
- Liquid Eyeliner (most long wearing formulation, perfect for precise lines)
- Splurge- Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner ($22 at Nordstrom)
- Steal- Maybelline Eye Studio Master Precise Ink Pen Eyeliner ($7.99 at Ulta)
- Gel Eyeliner (can be smudged or used for fine lines, less harsh looking than liquid)
- Splurge- Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner ($25 at Sephora)
- Steal- Essence Gel Eyeliner ($3.99 at Ulta)
- Best Teal Eyeliner (currently a fun, summer trend)
- Splurge- Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes Pencil in Peacock ($19 at Sephora)
- Steal- NYX Slim Eye Pencil in Emerald City ($3.49 at Ulta)