New year, new you; back to school season is the perfect excuse to experiment with new looks! If you’re wanting to dip your toes into the world of makeup these are just a few of the must-have essentials I think everyone should have in their repertoire. This is the second in a nine part series that will show you some of the very best splurges and steal to include in your makeup bag for the fall.
An Enchanting Blush: While foundation is great at hiding redness and other problem areas, it can also erase the natural dimensions and contours of your face. Blush is the perfect way to add back some subtle color to your complexion and leave your skin with a gorgeous glow! I recommended peaches and baby pinks for fair skin, sheer berries and corals for medium skin, roses and deeper peaches for tan/olive skin, and rich brick reds or plummy tones for those with darker skin.
- Cream Blush (perfect for winter or drier skin types):
- Splurge- Stila Convertible Color Blush ($25 at Sephora)
- Steal- Flower Win Some, Rouge Some Creme Blush ($8 at Walmart)
- Powder blush (good for all skin types, except extremely dry)
- Splurge- NARS Blush ($30 at Sephora)
- Steal- NYX Powder Blush ($4.99 at Target)
- Blush Stain (perfect for humid conditions)
- Splurge- Becca Beach Tint ($25 at Sephora)
- Steal- Rimmel Stay Blushed Liquid Cheek Tint ($3 at Walmart)
- Highlighting Blush (reflects light to give a dewy, bright look)
- Splurge- Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick ($46)
- Steal- Physician’s Forumla Shimmer Strip ($12.99 at Ulta)
See the other Parts to This Series
Part 1 : Foundation