What makes great style? Being yourself. With this post, you’ll learn new ways to develop or improve your distinct look. This includes learning how to buy items that highlight your assets, how to make the most of your current wardrobe, … Continue reading
“I figured we made a good match. I was adept at fashion; he was adept at politics. And really, what’s the difference? They’re both about recycling shop-worn ideas and making them seem fresh and inspiring.” ~Carrie Bradshaw I watched Sex … Continue reading
Metallic Top: Threadsense.com $30/ Butterfly Dress: Houseoffraser.co.uk $44/ Patent Watch: Asos $31/ Clutch: Warehouse.co.uk $19/ Heels: Modcloth $40/ Gold Hoops: Dorothyperkins.com $11
I love the idea of pairing a butterfly skirt with a sheer metallic top! If you can’t find a butterfly print skirt, try a dress that has the print and layer the shirt over top. You can even tuck in the top part of the dress so just the bottom half is showing, then put on the top, tuck it in and blouse it out like Jordana has done. Keep your accessories to a minimum to let the print stand out on its own.
Blazer: Tobi.com $21/ Top: Sheinside.com $26/ Shorts: Sheinside.com $28/ Sunglasses: Oaknyc.com $24/ Clutch: Fashion-conscience.com $44 /Heels: GoJane.com $29
Can you pull off a monochromatic look like Beyonce? Of course you can! Just choose a color that’s most flattering on you. The deeper your skin tone the brighter the color you can go! I like the idea of sticking to 3 pieces. Stick to Beyonce’s formula of some sort of jacket, top and bottom in one color!
Sequined Top: Mango.com $14/ Boyfriend Jeans: Newlook.com $36/ Shoulder Pad Blazer: Yesstyle.com $30/ Sunglasses: Mango.com $9/ Bag: Zappos.com $47
Is it just me or does Whitney Port look a lot like Rachel Zoe here? The hair? The glasses? Chanel? Lol. Whitney is one of my style icons because she always looks chic and put together effortlessly. If you’re going to try this sequin-glitter look, you have to go bold. Yes. That means matching your glittery top to a glittery bag. It’ll all balance out with the masculine boyfriend jeans and boxy cut blazer.
Which look will you be trying?
Summer means shorts. And this year, it’s all about the micro-short in an array of different fabrics, prints and embellishments.
They’re the perfect wardrobe item to add a little zing to your outfit. High-waisted or low rise, you can keep them casual by pairing them with a light shirt or cami, but also dress them up for night-time glamour with the addition of a chic blazer and heels.
But how are our style icons making the most of the trend? See how my favourite stars wear the look:
Rosie Huntington Whiteley makes the most of her toned Victoria’s Secret pins by donning these embellished cut-off Daisy Dukes. She matches the vibrant print by keeping it simple on top with a classic white shirt for a cool summer festival look.
Olivia Palermo shows that even taking her dog for a walk need not be an unglamorous affair. She nails two great shorts styles in one, opting for a pair of smarter running-shorts in high-octane leather.
Finally, Miranda Kerr makes a perfect casual summer statement in denim cutoffs, paired with a gorgeous print tee and shades.
The high-street offers some amazing options for you to recreate these celebrity looks. Take a look at some of my favourites below:
From Left to Right: H&M, $23 / Republic, $16 / H&M, $20 / Monki, $31 / Old Navy, $21 / H&M, $16
Over in the UK, we’re always super excited when it’s that time of year again: tennis season. And of course, the highlight of summer sports has got to be Wimbledon.
This year, a host of well-dressed stars attended the tournament, including Grace Jones, Victoria Beckham, and the beautiful Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton.
For me, Kate’s outfit choices always encapsulate summer style, and her Wimbledon wardrobe was no exception. She was seen in a number of stunning ensembles by designers including Temperley London, Joseph, and Alexander McQueen.
In fact, she’s pictured below wearing a gorgeous Alexander McQueen cable-knit dress from one year ago, which she re-wore at this year’s Wimbledon. You see? She’s clearly an ‘Inexpensive Chic’ girl at heart- even a Princess repeats outfits like the rest of us!
Here are my choices on how to recreate Kate’s classic look:
Kate is known for keeping her silhouette very sleek, so this cute cardigan from House of Fraser will give your outfit a chic and streamlined effect, balancing out the slightly more voluminous skirt from Danish label, Monki. While Kate’s chosen a dress, the style is broken up by the striped pattern, so that’s why a skirt and pullover work equally as well for recreating her look.
The Duchess usually favours a classic court shoe or wedge in nude or black. Nude offers a flattering leg lengthening effect, but you can never go wrong with black. Kate’s pair match her outfit perfectly, and luckily, there are so many great high street replicas like this fab Dorothy Perkins pair.
Finally, to add a little glamour to the outfit, a silk scarf like this one from French Connection is perfect for added texture and detail come summer. Like Kate’s nautical tie, this one will lift your outfit and provide that extra interesting feature.
In this outfit, you’re sure to channel a classic ‘Kate’ look. And who wouldn’t want to look like Royalty?!
Summer means a lot of things: Hot weather, beach parties, time off of school, road trips, and sales. Lots and lots of sales. Now is the time of year when stores give some of their biggest discounts. You may have noticed some of the summer sales popping up already. As many have come to find, sales can be frustrating. However, they can also be extremely rewarding if you know how to shop them. Below are a few things to keep in mind while shopping a sale:
1. Get to a sale as early in the day as possible. Obviously, a sale will be easiest to navigate early in the morning when no one else has had the opportunity to shop it. Sales associates will have had closing time and opening time to make sure that the sale section is in tip top shape for your convenience. There’s nothing more irritating while shopping than the time you have to spend endlessly sifting through a mess of clothes to even find if there’s anything, well, worth finding. Attempting to shop a sale when it’s messy is just a waste of time and effort. Avoid the hassle, and go early. You’ll be doing yourself a HUGE favor, promise.
2. Ask yourself a few crucial questions: The rules and questions you ask yourself while shopping normally shouldn’t go out the door when shopping a sale. When doubting your decision to buy something ask yourself: Do I need this? Do I already have something similar to this in my closet? Will I really wear this? and most importantly, Would I still want this even if it wasn’t on sale? No, this doesn’t mean would you buy this item for it’s original price but do you even like it at all? Often times, an attractively low price tag can convince you to buy something that you otherwise would never even take a second glance at. A sale can be a great time to purchase something you wouldn’t normally go for, however, don’t let all of your shopping standards go out the door.
3. Check store policy on sale items: The return policy on sale items, specifically items that are on sale because they are damaged, can sometimes be really strict. This may mean you have less time than normal to return something, can only exchange your item, or possibly not even able to return what you bought at all. You’ll never know what the case may be unless you ASK, so make sure you do so. The possibility of there being a strict return policy, leads me to my next point which is…
4. Try on sale items before you buy them: This is absolutely crucial if you can not return the item. Things are on sale because they couldn’t sell at the rate the store wanted them to. This may due to a number of reasons, one of which may be, the fit. Therefore, it’s important to try it on rather than assume it’ll fit you. Although trying on something may seem time consuming in the moment, it’ll actually save time in the long run. When you try something on you, unless you just happen to change your mind, you completely avoid the shock of getting home, finding out what you bought won’t work for you, and having to return it.
5. Patience is key; prepare yourself mentally & physically: Shopping a sale takes the phrase “shop til’ you drop” to a whole new level. Sales are chaotic and going to one after another can be overwhelming to say the least. Therefore, it’s important that you prepare yourself accordingly. You should begin your day with a good breakfast, wear comfortable shoes, stay hydrated, and carry a lighter purse. Give yourself a break if you need one and remind yourself that it’s just a sale; if you can’t find what you’re looking for, it’s not the end of the world.
I’ve been hooked on the hunger games (both the books and movie) for a while now and I actually watched the movie twice (watching something as fab as THG only once just isn’t enough!). Not only is the movie filled with breath-taking, sitting- on- the- edge- of- your- seat- scenes, and the actors are exactly as I imagined them to be, but the movie has some great fashion as well!
No matter if you are a die-hard fan or simply love to recreate the styles of fictional characters, no one can resist the charm of Jennifer Lawrence’s wardrobe as Katniss Everdeen.
Casual and comfortable pieces such as sporty jackets and cargo pants, distressed leather jackets and combat boots and the popular Katniss braids (aka double braids) consist of the most edgy and fab wardrobes I’ve seen lately.
Here are a few examples on how to recreate her style for less.
A unique mix between military and edgy, her outfits can easily be recreated by adding just a few must-have pieces to your wardrobe.
I found five different kinds of combat boots for you: simple black ones, khaki ones and the trendier, chic version of them in brown and beige suede.
Not to forget that they are all under $50. Click each picture to be taken to their website…
Finding a simple black t-shirt/top is a piece of cake for most of us, however finding a khaki top was a lot harder than I thought. I decided to go with three different choices: a simple casual one and one that is a bit more chic and girly for all of you who don’t want to lose your femininity.
Regarding her jacket collection I divided it into leather jackets and sporty ones since she sported both in the movie.
Last but not least for the die-hard fans, you’ll need a sporty bag, mockingjay pin and braids.
I chose a sporty black bag, a simpler one for you who don’t want to go sporty but just get a bit inspired by Katniss’s style and of course the original pin.
Don´t forget to comment and may the odds be ever in your favor.
Angelina Jolie was an angel walking on the red carpet of Golden Globes 2012 awards. With her white Versace dress and red lipstick, she mesmerized thousands of men and women all around the globe. I personally fell in love with her look, but knowing how hard it is to get my hands on a Versace dress I kept searching for a similar one until I found this AxParis dress. It may not be identical to the one Angie is wearing, but a short white dress is more versatile for us, everyday girls, than a maxi one.
With only 22 euros ($28) this is more than a good deal catch.
A pair of red Mary-Janes can do no wrong and this Charlotte Russe ones cost only 33 euros/ 43 dollars —a good deal if you think about the versatility and timelessness of this piece.
I own this particular clutch and even though 25 euros/ 32 dollars can be called as too expensive for some, I reassure you of its quality and beauty.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Butler-Wilson-Crystal-Heart-Earrings/dp/B0049MY34O/ref=sr_1_3?s=jewelry&ie=UTF8&qid=1327172054&sr=1-3 Even though Angelina’s pair of earrings wasn’t heart-shaped, I think this pair suits the whole “Valentine’s day” upcoming mood more than her simple ones.
A red lipstick is timeless and this one doesn’t disappoint with its quality and deep red color. Cost: 9 euros/ $12
Maybe getting Angelina’s look wasn’t that difficult after all.
After getting a lot of great responses to my first “Wanted” ad for a beauty writer, I decided to see what other areas I could use writers in. So, for those of you who wanted the position but didn’t get it, you have another opportunity! This time, I am looking for a Celebrity Style Writer. If you love looking at magazines to see what celebs are wearing or find yourself checking out celebritystyleguide.com just as often as Facebook or Twitter; then this position is for you!
If this is something right up your alley, email me so I can send you more info!
I love Rachel Bilson’s classic style. The picture on the left is what she wore on “Episode 5 “Faith & Infidelity” of “Hart of Dixie” Season 1.”
Get her look for less (click the link for information on each of the pieces in the picture on the right): http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=38580069