Q: What do I wear on the airplane?
“I’m leaving for Hawaii in a few days and I was wondering if you had any advice or suggestions of what to wear on the airplane. I think I want to wear leggings but I need some advice on shoes/shirt/bag and stuff. I probably wanna wear my Rainbows (a brand of flip flops) because its going to be summer. Thanks so much for the advice!!!”
A: Dear “Smell of Sunshine” and all other girls who are stuck in this rut,
I have complied the perfect pairings for you! Traveling is hard enough without having to stress about what you have on. When you step into that airport you should feel confident, pretty, stress free and COMFORTABLE. I have stepped on a few planes over the years so I have tried out every possible outfit and some were hits while many were misses! You can be casual and comfortable without sacrificing style. Here is how:
1. Leggings, you are allowed to wear them as pants as long as you shirt covers your bottom, it hits right at the top of your bottom or the leggings fit you properly and the shirt hits right at the top. One item you should try to avoid wearing is a crop top, however much adorable it is , it is not appropriate for flying.
2. Pick out a stylish shirt. You can wear peplum tops, a loose racer-back, a tie front denim button up, a chiffon shirt, or even a nice dress shirt (not shown).
3. Mix prints with solids. If you want to wear skull leggings pair them with a pink top or floral leggings with a solid button up.
4. Make sure your shoes slip on and off! Walk around all day in them before hand so that you know where blisters might pop up and if you can handle them all day!
5. Make sure you pack a sweater or blazer because planes can get very cold and the blankets may not be available (and they are not very clean).
6. Lastly make sure your purse and/or bag are easy to carry! If you have a long layover or multiple plan changes you are not going to want to lug around a heavy bag. There is also a limited amount of storage on the plane and you do not want to take up more than your share of space.
** All these tips can apply to road trips as well! I hope everyone has a great vacation as this lovely summer comes to an end.