DIY: Tie Dyed Nail Art
I came across this video by macbarbie07 a couple of weeks ago and decided to try this super cool nail art! Watch the video or follow along here…
- A bowl (one you don’t mind getting ruined)
- Tape or Vaseline
- Nail polish remover
- Whatever polishes you want to use
- White nail polish
- Top coat
- Paint your nails white to act as the base coat. You need to especially do this if you decide to use bright colors! Let this dry completely.
- Unscrew the tops to all of the polishes for easy access.
- Tape, or apply vaseline around the back of each nail and under your fingers so only your nail beds are exposed. Things will get messy later on, so this prevents the nail polishes from getting all over your fingers and hands!
4. Fill the bowl with lukewarm water
5. Drop in one drop of each color in the water. Tip: Keep the droplets close to each other. They should begin to morph together.
6. Use a toothpick and carefully make a few lines or design in the midst of the polish fusion.
7. Dip a finger in the middle of the fusion and hold it there for 3 seconds. Take it out, and using the toothpick, gather any excess around your nail.
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for each nail
9. Once you’ve done this to all of your nails, apply a topcoat and let them dry completely before taking off the tape or removing the vaseline (this could take anywhere from 30-60 minutes).
10. Once your nails are completely dry, remove the tape or vaseline, you should see that everything looks a lot less messy!
11. You may have some polish around the edges of your finger, if so, just clean it up by dipping a Q-tip into nail polish remover and removing the unwanted polish.
12. You’re all done! Admire, show them off to your friends, take pictures, instagram, tweet– BE PROUD!